Sierra Residences

September 18th, 2011 Leave a comment

Sierra Residences, an all-in-one integrated lifestyle development located along Jalan Fettes within the thriving township of Sungai Ara, Penang. A masterplanned community featuring medium and high-end condominiums and a vibrant commercial pocket in a tranquil riverside setting.

Project Name : Sierra Residences
Location :
 Sungai Ara, Penang
Property Type : Condominium
Built-up Area : 900 sq.ft. – 1,182 sq.ft.
Land Tenure : Freehold
Developer : GSD Land (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Indicative Price : RM280,000 onwards

Call for unit available:
  • 016-430 0006 (Lim)

Contributed by reader (20/12/2011 @ ~11pm)

Contributed by reader (23/12/2011)

Contributed by Reader – Nov/2013

Gallery

Image Gallery

Classified Ads
Categories: Sungai Ara Tags:
  1. williamyl
    July 29th, 2015 at 10:13 | #1

@jimy
    @haha
    I just feel very funny how come residential title can become commercial…..
    yes it is commercial title but it is for the shop lot below there……
    but for the condo that is residential title……

2. Clarence
    Clarence
    July 29th, 2015 at 14:13 | #2

@kocherin

3. kocherin
    July 29th, 2015 at 16:12 | #3

Clarence :@kocherin So agree with you. Just came back from GSD and saw one man screaming at the staff attending him for the poor service he receive, I was super disappointed too with their service. Every time call them up also wait wait wait, some more ask us to call back to check on bank release status. How hard is it to call back your customer? Some more never mention the procedure, let me go back many times for nothing, some more speak so rude and hang up customer call… So sad with their service….

Ya, GSD arrangement system not strong! Finally i get Customer services calling on Monday. Done my appointment by 2mro to collect my key. I was long waiting for 1316 days for my SR key. Wish u will get ur key soonest

4. JS
    JS
    July 30th, 2015 at 09:51 | #4

@kocherin
    I already received my key on last Wednesday.
    1. Pay the maintenance billings.
    2. Check your bank account is all loan amount fully released?
    3. If yes, then just walk-in to make the appointment instead of call

I even have my PBA and TNB installed this week.

5. Sunny
    July 30th, 2015 at 13:26 | #5

What the process for PBA and TNB installed?

6. WTH
    July 30th, 2015 at 18:24 | #6

PBA deposit RM 70 + RM 10 Hasil stamp
    TNB deposit RM 500 + RM 10 Hasil stamp

Document:
    1. Photocopy the S&P
    2. IC copy
    3. Application form (get from SR management)

7. WTH
    July 30th, 2015 at 18:35 | #7

Called them 2 times after my loan released on 6/July. 1st call on 8July, they checked and said the money still not received. 2nd times on 15July, called them, confirmed the last payment received and maintenance paid. They processed my clearance letter and called me back in about 2hrs later to make appointment. I got my key on 17July. Only when you managed to make appointment only then you can go to Sierra office to get key with the clearance letter issue by GSD office. They have daily quota for appointment, try to arrange on week days instead of weekend if you want to have better communication with staffs in Sierra office.

8. kocherin
    July 31st, 2015 at 09:32 | #8

JS :@kocherin I already received my key on last Wednesday.1. Pay the maintenance billings.2. Check your bank account is all loan amount fully released?3. If yes, then just walk-in to make the appointment instead of call
    I even have my PBA and TNB installed this week.

Hi JS, thanks for ur information. I just get my key yesterday and done for PBA & TNB register.
    And also submit for redraw EPF Acct 2

9. buyer88
    July 31st, 2015 at 12:19 | #9

kocherin :

I even have my PBA and TNB installed this week.

And also submit for redraw EPF Acct 2

mind if i ask…many people said…EPF is paying abt 6% interest pa and housing loan is charging 4.x% pa……More worth while to keep in EPF

10. david
    July 31st, 2015 at 15:24 | #10

11. buying
    July 31st, 2015 at 15:36 | #11

david :Not Kept in EPF….switch out for Unit trust and don’t switch back.. Lets the money roll outside.

mind to share which unit trust funds got good track records of better annualized returns than EPF?

12. Sunny
    July 31st, 2015 at 16:09 | #12

@buying
    Take EPF money take out you confirm get the money, EPF money kept in EPF, confirm the money is not yours, just documentation is your money. Anything can happen, so for better usage of the money since you able to take it out, why still kept in EPF? After September I don’t think you can take out the money since already pass 3 years from SnP date.

13. buyer88
    July 31st, 2015 at 17:33 | #13

Sunny :
    @buying

do you mean the monies that are ours in EPF are not ours? just documentation? why all these while nobody complains that they cannot take monies from EPF when their times comes to take out?

14. ko
    August 1st, 2015 at 01:38 | #14

buyer88 :

kocherin :

I even have my PBA and TNB installed this week.

And also submit for redraw EPF Acct 2

Yes, in terms of dollar and cents, it is better off putting in EPF and pay for housing loan, especially so if you are cash rich and if you are near to withdrawal age.

However, in my humble opinion, if you are in your 30s, which is still far off the withdrawal age, it is better off to use your EPF for your housing as I hold the view that money today is worth more than money in the future.

15. buying
    August 1st, 2015 at 08:52 | #15

ko :

like what you had mentioned….if you can afford it, better leave the monies it in EPF and pay using available cash flow…..and I would differ from your thinking…that if got longer term, better use EPF to pay…because the longer term you have the longer compounded interest terms you will get from EPF…a different of 2% will make a BIG different in value in 20~30 years time

16. ko
    August 1st, 2015 at 12:45 | #16

buying :

ko :

Hi,

you are looking at absolute value. In financial, you have to look at real value which you will need to take into consideration of inflation. For the past 30 years, malaysia inflation average 3.68%.

perhap a better example is today with rm200k, what can you buy? compared with 200k in 20-30years ago.

17. buying
    August 1st, 2015 at 14:03 | #17

@ko
    that is why, must try to make every efforts to make our monies more worth while….every 2% pa extra will generate more in the longer terms…
    (epf paying more interest than the housing loan charges)

18. ko
    August 1st, 2015 at 21:12 | #18

buying :
    @ko
    (epf paying more interest than the housing loan charges)

I think you mistaken my view, If I am in my 30s, I dun take the view that keeping the money in EPF is better.

Taking Inflation as 3.68%, EPF paying 6%, mortgage loan is 4%, One will earn in real value is 6% minus 4% minus 3.68% = negative 1.68%

Giving another example, assuming if EPF today has 100k, and retirement age in 20 years, your so called 2% extra yield compounded will give you 148k in 20 years time.

As such, I rather use the 100k today then to recieve 148k in 20 years time where 148k cant do much in 20 years.

As such, i rather use EPF today to pay for my mortgage as 1) I rather use the extra cash on hand to buy other assets / spend today 2) I rather hold cash as it is real unlike EPF where I can see cannot touch

19. buying
    August 2nd, 2015 at 00:12 | #19

@ko
    in post#9 (post#14)…it is between EPF is paying abt 6% interest pa and housing loan is charging 4.x% pa……More worth while to keep in EPF”….
    referring to your post#18…. if one can get an investment that can yield better than EPF rate…then by all means,…use the EPF monies to pay for the mortgage and use the cash to do that investment which can yield better returns….

20. buying
    August 2nd, 2015 at 00:15 | #20

I rather NOT hold cash even though it is real unlike EPF where I can see cannot touch until retirement age or partial withdrawal…..holding cash will be “eaten’ bits by bits by inflation…

21. david
    August 2nd, 2015 at 15:58 | #21

@buying

22. buying
    August 2nd, 2015 at 16:04 | #22

david :@buying I have difference view……withdraw EPF money for Aprovedl unit trust which average yield 2 to 3% more than EPF. Don’t use for housing loan or kept all in EPF.Use ur cash to target new assets with good yield – Auto pilot is the key to success.

can provide a lists of performance and volatility track records of those funds which can averagely yielded 2 to 3% more than EPF?

23. david
    August 2nd, 2015 at 17:40 | #23

24. buying
    August 2nd, 2015 at 18:04 | #24

david :lol….there is list of fund from EPF web…got public web use thier fund performance to check….want money work hard for u must do homework lah…so far those unit trust never fail me with 8 to 9% yearly return

cannot find the unit trust performance list in EPF website…
    anyway…I am happy for you that they never fails you with 8 to 9 % pa.
    guess, some people would never want that risk associated with unit trusts and its fees incurred, even though they want their money to work harder.
    Anyway, thanks for the suggestion…..as it is a good idea to make monies work harder if one would have the appetite to take some extra risks that comes with that investment.
    Wow 8 to 9% pa never fails…some people would envy that…

25. buying
    August 2nd, 2015 at 18:11 | #25

there is also a criteria to be met before one can take out monies for Unit trust investment with money if EPF and also because of that criteria the amount of monies can be taken out for investment may be limited or not able to take out for investment….

26. cl
    August 3rd, 2015 at 08:13 | #26

Do we have have any chat group that we can join for SR? Kindly let us know. Thanks.

27. saintlaurent
    August 3rd, 2015 at 13:44 | #27

@Clarence
    I feel the sales person services very good, maybe your case is different?

28. July
    August 3rd, 2015 at 16:21 | #28

Is there any group chat for ONLY RESIDENT to join?

29. saintlaurent
    August 3rd, 2015 at 17:50 | #29

@July
    if yes please sharing

30. kho
    August 8th, 2015 at 22:28 | #30

Anyone started to reno their house?,

31. Erin
    August 10th, 2015 at 15:23 | #31

@Clarence
    u got ur keys?

32. LostSoul
    August 10th, 2015 at 22:57 | #32

33. buying
    August 10th, 2015 at 23:19 | #33

LostSoul :The 900sf unit doesnt has balcony and yard, im doubt that how the owner going to put the washing machine and dry out their clothes? LOL

check the GSD land website….locate the floor plan of the whole floor plan…..I think the solution is there…

34. HaN
    August 11th, 2015 at 10:53 | #34

Some renovation need to allow the contractor to do it right? Will the charges higher compare if you hire outsider to do it? Please share.

35. WTH
    August 11th, 2015 at 17:36 | #35

@HaN What you mean some renovation? The management officer told me we can find our own contractors, just need to fill in the document and follow the guidelines.

36. Evelyn
    August 15th, 2015 at 19:00 | #36

Anyone wan sell 900sqt unit?

37. Interested buyer
    August 16th, 2015 at 01:22 | #37

Hi, I am interested on 1182 sqft unit. Any owner want to sell ? No agent. 0125865310

38. NSO
    August 17th, 2015 at 16:16 | #38

Anyone interested on 1000sqft??
    I wana sell my unit

39. Jason
    Jason
    August 18th, 2015 at 11:36 | #39

Anyone have any ideal on how to search/contact our neighbor??
    Because want to discuss about building the grill gate……Thanks..

40. kk4896
    August 18th, 2015 at 14:14 | #40

@Evelyn
    i have level 20

41. kho686
    August 18th, 2015 at 21:24 | #41

check with management , they will show you your neighbour contact@Jason

42. Sunny
    August 19th, 2015 at 13:41 | #42

Anyone already start renovation? How is the defect of the house, workmanship okay? I read GV forum, all the owner are super satisfied with the end result. For SR any comment?

43. jl
    August 19th, 2015 at 15:51 | #43

so far so good lahh..minor sure got but not a big issue

44. July
    August 20th, 2015 at 11:17 | #44

Found ID to design the house. Once defects is settled, renovation gonna start. =)

45. Starfcuks
    August 20th, 2015 at 16:35 | #45

What is the total units of this condo?

46. jennyljn
    jennyljn
    August 20th, 2015 at 17:08 | #46

@NSO
    Hi please do contact me 0174477155 I’m interest with it.

47. jennyljn
    jennyljn
    August 20th, 2015 at 17:13 | #47

I’m interest in 1000sqft and 1182 sqft. Please contact me. No agent please. Thank you. 0174477155

48. fun
    August 20th, 2015 at 17:14 | #48

323 units

49. WTH
    August 20th, 2015 at 21:02 | #49

The Workmanship is pretty good, smooth wall and ceiling surface. Must better compare to Fierra vista, D pizza. My friend bough Gardens view also said the the Workmanship is pretty good.

50. Evelyn
    August 23rd, 2015 at 07:56 | #50

@kk4896 are u the owner?
    I’m interested with 900 sqt, no agent.
    Pls contact me via 0124303072

51. TAN
    August 23rd, 2015 at 17:08 | #51

Urgent, 900 sqft direct owner for sales please contact Mr Tan (Direct Buyer) 017-3011109. Thanks

52. kk4896
    August 24th, 2015 at 16:21 | #52

@Evelyn
    thanks

53. kk4896
    August 24th, 2015 at 16:21 | #53

@Evelyn
    yes, thanks

54. Sunny
    August 24th, 2015 at 17:57 | #54

Anyone already started renovation process? Any contractor can introduce for kitchen, electric and grill…???

55. Alma
    August 24th, 2015 at 19:16 | #55

Anyone sold their unit? Mind sharing the transacted price for 900sft??

56. jl
    August 25th, 2015 at 11:24 | #56

@sunny the grill need compursary do by heng contractor as they mention to us.other you may find outsider to do..

57. July
    August 25th, 2015 at 16:22 | #57

jl :

Is it? meant we cnt have our own design of grill?

58. highway
    August 25th, 2015 at 23:00 | #58

@July
    3 items requested to be standardize by SR management
    – Birdcage
    – Grill design / colour
    – Aircond compressor unit location

59. Clarence
    Clarence
    August 26th, 2015 at 13:06 | #59

Erin :
    @Clarence
    u got ur keys?

Yup, got it. Thank god their workmanship is pretty good. hahaha

60. Sunny
    August 26th, 2015 at 13:07 | #60

When i take my key, the management do not say anything on must use Heng Contractor.

They just said, just show any contractor we want to hire with the document they provided on the restriction of the birdcage, grill and the outside contractor will understand on it.

Inside contractor on 19th floor, anyone engage with them for the renovation?

61. Clear Cut
    August 26th, 2015 at 13:58 | #61

@Sunny

Definitely the developer says nothing but once you intend to start renovating
    this “gangster contractor ” will be asking for rubbish fee.

62. kk4896
    August 27th, 2015 at 15:13 | #62

@Alma
    one of my friend’s unit on 11th floor sold out with 438k

63. Teh
    August 27th, 2015 at 15:29 | #63

kk4896 :
    @Alma
    one of my friend’s unit on 11th floor sold out with 438k

438k for 900sqft sold at good price

64. fun
    August 27th, 2015 at 17:31 | #64

how about 1182sqt feet? any transaction took place?

65. Tan
    August 27th, 2015 at 19:15 | #65

@kk4896

Not bad. Many wanted to let go at 420k only.

66. Nick
    August 28th, 2015 at 14:51 | #66

I have a unit 1182 sqft to let go. Let me know if you are interest. Affordable price and can be neg.

Or u can leave your contact. I will call you back.

You can contact me at clyeap20@gmail.com

67. jl
    August 29th, 2015 at 09:36 | #67

anyone of you using the outsider grill?please share

Sierra Residences
Call for unit available 016-430 0006 (Lim)
1 12 13 14 3379