fbpx

Seven mega projects for Kedah, including a highway to Penang 2nd Bridge

Property News/ 20 March 2019 19 comments
kxp

For illustration only (from KXP Facebook)

The government has announced seven mega projects costing over RM3bil for Kedah for development in the state to bring it on equal footing with more progressive states.

Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali (pic) announced that the projects are the Kulim International Airport (KXP); a manufacturing industries and logistics hub in Sidam near Kulim; two phases of the Northern Corridor highway project over a 70km stretch; a digital library in Alor Setar; a petrochemical industrial park in Gurun and the Kasih Ibu Darul Aman (Kida) programme.

As for the two phases of the Northern Corridor Highway, the first phase is from Bandar Baharu (Kulim) to Sungai Petani and the second phase from Bandar Baharu to the Sultan Abdul Halim Bridge in Penang, at an estimated cost of RM1.7bil, he told a press conference after a special meeting with federal and state government officers and staff here on Tuesday (March 19).

Also present were Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mukhriz Tun Mahathir and Kedah State Secretary Datuk Ammar Shaikh Mahmood Naim.

Mohamed Azmin said the KXP project will cost RM1.6bil; the manufacturing industries and logistics hub, RM300mil; the digital library, RM15mil and the petrochemical industrial park, RM2mil.

Source: Bernama

Tags:

UPCOMING: Bukit Minyak / Viva Prima Development

Bukit Minyak/ 19 March 2019 No comments

proposed-development-viva-prima-development

A newly proposed development by Viva Prima Development Sdn. Bhd. at Bukit Minyak. Located near Jalan Bukit Minyak, this development is adjacent to BM Utama housing scheme by DNP Land. It is 20 minutes drive away from Penang Bridge, under 5km to AEON Mall at Bukit Mertajam.

This development comprises 52 and 2 units of 2-storey terrace and semi-detached houses respectively.

The project is still pending for approval. More details to be available upon official launch.

Project Name : (to be confirmed)
Location : Bukit Minyak
Property Type : Terrace & semi-detached
Built-up Size: (to be confirmed)
Land Area: (to be confirmed)
Tenure: Freehold
Total Units : 54
Indicative Price : (to be confirmed)
Developer : Viva Prima Development Sdn. Bhd. (WHH Land)
Last Updated: July 2020

Register your interest here

(This information will be used to keep you updated on the project and future development.)
*By submitting this Form, you hereby agree to our PDPA Consent Clause.

Location Map:

 

PIL1 hit by bridging loan setback

Property News/ 18 March 2019 15 comments

pan-island-link-1The proposed Pan Island Link 1 (PIL1) highway project has hit a snag after the state government failed to obtain a RM1bil bridging loan.

Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow said since the loan from the federal government was not forthcoming, the project delivery partner would now have to source for the funds.

“This is an additional option we are looking at,” he told the Sunday Star regarding the loan from the federal government which had been pending for some time.

Chow said the government was still waiting for the Environmental Impact Assessment approval for the Penang South Reclamation (PSR), the funding model for the RM46bil Penang Transport Master Plan (PTMP) encompassing the PIL1.

When asked if the PSR projects would be approved in June as mentioned early this year, Chow said “hopefully”.

However, SRS Consortium, the project delivery partner, said the state should stick to the agreement in the Request For Proposal that mentions that the state would come up with RM1bil, while the company looks for the RM1.3bil bridging loan to kick-start the project.

“That was what was agreed upon,” said SRS Consortium project director Szeto Wai Loong.

“In fact, we are looking at the overall approval for the PTMP projects if the PSR funding could be obtained by June.”

He said the necessary regulatory works and awarding of contracts would take place after the approval and the actual construction could only begin a year after that.

“We understand the state is looking at all aspects for the project, as such it would take some time to get the approvals,” he said.

The controversial PIL1 is designed to solve the island state’s traffic congestion and cater to the economic needs of Penang over the next five decades.

The first phase of the PTMP is the construction of the PIL1 and the Bayan Lepas LRT.

Presently, the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu (LCE) Expressway is Penang’s only spine road, which is perpetually congested.

The PIL1 is expected to serve as a second link with a ring traffic dispersal system connecting the North Coast Paired Road, Gurney Express­way, the LCE expressway, the Penang International Airport and the first as well as second Penang brid­ges.

The RM7.5bil PIL1 (19.5km six-lane highway) will meander along the foothills of Penang Hill from Gurney Drive to the airport.

The highway is designed to enable motorists to reach the airport in 15 minutes from Gurney Drive compared with 90 minutes now through the city’s traffic.

Source: TheStar.com.my

 

Tags:

More JVs from STP2 development off Tanjung Tokong

Property News/ 15 March 2019 2 comments

stp2-designThe Seri Tanjung Pinang Phase 2A (STP2A) development and the reclamation of STP2B and STP2C will provide Eastern & Oriental Bhd (E&O) with future launches for the next 15 years and beyond.

E&0 said reclamation works on STP2A, a massive property development off Tanjung Tokong in Penang island, are almost completed.

STP2A is expected to have a gross development value of over RM17 billion and will be developed over 15 years.

E&O said a detailed master plan is being finalised to create Penang’s foremost investment, residential, commercial and tourist destination.

Managing director Kok Tuck Cheong said in a statement recently that the development of STP2A and reclamation of STP2B and STP2C are key to value enhancement of the group.

Kok said the reclamation of STP2B and STP2C will open the company to more joint venture (JV) opportunities like the JV master development of STP2A it has with Retirement Fund Inc (KWAP).

E&O’s 78.78 per cent-owned Tanjung Pinang Development Sdn Bhd (TPD) had in 2017 signed a sale and purchase agreement to sell 20 per cent of STP2A to KWAP as a strategic investor for RM766.02 million.

TPD was granted a concession by the Penang government to reclaim and develop about 307.56ha off the foreshore near Mukim 18 of Tanjong Tokong.

The reclamation work is divided into three phases, namely STP2A, STP2Band STP2C. STP2A and will comprise gross area of about 102.31ha.

Meanwhile, Kok said E&O’s property development segment has shown improvement for the period under review despite soft market conditions.

The company recorded cumulative sales of about RM251 million for the third quarter ended December 31 2018, which is 6.45 per cent higher year-on-year.

Kok said the E&O Luxury Living Campaign launched in July last year recorded successful sales figures for selected E&O landmark properties in Penang, Iskandar Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

On the hospitality front, E&O said its namesake, Eastern & Oriental Hotel (E&O Hotel) in Penang, will be undertaking extensive renovation and upgrading works.

The Heritage Wing will be closed from this month and re-open in December this year with new F&B concepts and fully-refurbished suites.

“These updates are designed to keep the E&O Hotel relevant to the evolving luxury travel market.

At the same time, careful consideration has been taken to ensure we retain E&O’s treasured style of timeless elegance that is unique to this cherished heritage landmark,” said Kok.

Source: NST Online

 

Tags:

Over 20,000 swarm Penang IKEA on opening day

ikea-opening

Up to 20,000 people thronged IKEA Batu Kawan on its first day of operations, yesterday.

Excited patrons from across northern Peninsular Malaysia made their way through the 470,146 square foot store and explored its 49 different showrooms.

During their visit, customers also tucked into IKEA’s iconic cafeteria fare – according to the Swedish home furnishing giant, 32,000 Swedish meatballs and 23,600 curry puffs were snapped up on Thursday.

“We can confirm that IKEA Batu Kawan surpassed its visitation goal of 20,000 customers on its first day of operations yesterday.

“It is a surreal feeling to finally welcome our beloved fans to our new home here in Batu Kawan. We have been gearing up for this very moment and the turnout was phenomenal.

“From today onwards, even more Malaysians will enjoy easier access to well-designed, functional, quality and low-priced Swedish home furnishings,” said Pathmalingam Arumugam, store manager of IKEA Batu Kawan.

With more than 8,000 home furnishing solutions, the unique IKEA shopping experience is now available to 6.6 million potential customers across the northern region. More notably, the Swedish company has created a more customised environment and experience for visitors to its fourth store in Malaysia.

“In addition to the consistent IKEA experience that Malaysians have known and loved, customers will enjoy customised offerings suited for the local market, including room sets that are fitted to the local living style; an original wall mural entitled ‘The Trishaw Captain’, hand-painted by Penang resident artist Thomas Powell; and favourite local delicacies served together with our well-known Swedish favourites,” added Pathmalingam.

Customers visiting the store throughout this opening weekend are in for a treat, as special deals and a wide variety of family-friendly activities await. In-store activities include face painting, balloon sculptures, clown performances, balloon giveaways and mascot appearances.

Visitors can also look forward to exclusive deals for IKEA members, food offers, a limited-edition Trishaw Captain canvas print, and a meet-and-greet session with Thomas Powell.

IKEA Batu Kawan is open every day from 10am to 10pm, while the IKEA Restaurant operates from 9.30am – 10pm daily.

Source: NST Online

 

Tags: