Refer to Finance Ministry if home loan application rejected

mapex-klAction will be taken against banks who “deliberately” do not give out housing loans to those who are eligible or who fulfill the criteria.

“If you have difficulty getting loans, refer to MoF (Ministry of Finance),” advised Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng, telling homebuyers to escalate their grievances to the ministry.

Lim was speaking at the opening ceremony of the HOC-MAPEX 2019 for the Klang Valley region at Mid Valley Exhibition Centre today.

“If banks refuse to give loans, give us (the ministry) the list names of rejected loan applicants and we will check with the banks. If it’s not justified, we may consider taking action against the banks,” he told officials of the Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) who were present at the event.

Lim also reminded banks of their responsibility to not hinder the efforts of the government in ensuring eligible homebuyers are able to secure loans.

“We (the ministry) want the banks’ cooperation to start giving out loans. I will get the list and we will ask the banks to explain. We hope the banks can give their cooperation,” said Lim.

Meanwhile, Rehda president Datuk Soam Heng Choon hopes banks will give the right margin of financing to eligible homebuyers as developers are seeing less than 50% of loans being approved.

Source: EdgeProp.my


  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.
(You can also Login/Register to submit your comment using unique ID)

Comment Guidelines
  • Avoid political discussion.
  • Comments with inappropriate wordings or personal attack may be moderated or deleted.
  • Developer must register before comment. All anonymous comments claimed to be from developer without registration will be deleted.
  • All advertisement in the comment will be deleted. Please contact us for advertising details.

To advertise your property in this page under "Related Properties for Sale/Rent":
 1. Submit your property at PenangPropertySale.com, it's FREE!
 (Please do not advertise your property in the comment)