Affordable Housing In Penang Island
Recently there has been many discussion about affordable housing scheme and buying your first home. So do you know exactly where are the proposed affordable housing located in Penang Island?
So far I have found six affordable housing schemes which were proposed in the island.
1. Affordable housing @ Penang Word City – Tropicana Ivory Sdn. Bhd.
Affordable housing scheme with a premium address. Tropicana Ivory is expected to roll out their Phase 3A of the Penang WorldCity development by the end of the year, following the success of Phase 1A (Tropicana Bay Residences).
Other than 473 luxury condominiums ranging from 771 sq ft to 1,403 sq ft, there will be 159 affordable units measuring between 450 sq.ft. and 650 sq.ft.
2. Ramah Pavilion @ Teluk Kumbar – M Summit Group
Block A (38-storey)
- Level 1: Shop lots (5 units)
- Level 2-38: Affordable housing (258 units)
Block B (36-storey)
- Level 1: Shop lots (10 units)
- Level 2-11: Multi-storey car parks
- Level 2-35: Affordable housing (501 units) with recreational area at level 12 and 26
Block C (17-storey)
- Level 1: Shop lots (10 units) with hawkers’ complex
- Level 2-6: Multi-storey car parks
- Level 2-17: Low medium cost apartment (135 units), Low cost apartment (135 units)
3. Teluk Kumbar – PDC
This development is located opposite of Puspakom in Teluk Kumbar, comprising two blocks of apartment and a multi-storey car parks.
- Block 1: Affordable housing (348 units) with two sizes (850 sq.ft. and 1,000 sq.ft.) to choose from. unit size b, including 3 levels of multi-storey car parks and recreational area.
- Block 2: Low medium cost apartment (346 units) with two level multi-storey car parks.
- Block 3: Multi-storey car parks
4. Paya Terubong – PLB Land
Affordable housing development by PLB Group in Taman Paya Terubong. This development will consist of 1,532 units with a build-up size of 750 sq.ft. priced at RM292,500, 4,594 units of 850 sq.ft. (RM331,500) and 1,532 units of 1,000 sq. ft. (RM390,000).
The affordable housing scheme is scheduled for completion in six years.
5. TRI Pinnacle @ Mount Erskine – Aspen Group
This affordable housing scheme is strategically located in Mount Erskine, just a stone’s throw away from The Peak Condominium. This is going to be a 45-storey buiding, comprising 3 high-rise towers, a facilities floor, 12-storey car parks and 4 unit of shop lots.
- Tower A: 30 levels of low medium apartments (389 units)
- Tower B: 32 levels of affordable housing (511 units)
- Tower C: 31 levels of affordable housing (341 units)
6. Chelliah Park City @ Georgetown – Zubicon Sdn. Bhd.
This affordable housing scheme was announced by Penang State Government since 2013. Zubicon Sdn Bhd has been awarded the tender to build 1,900 units of affordable housing at Jalan S.P. Chelliah in Georgetown. This housing scheme comprises units with size ranging from 700 sq.ft onwards. Here are the summary of units available for each category:
|Medium Cost||1000 sq.ft.||RM 400000||80 unit|
|900 sq.ft.||RM 300000||165 unit|
|800 sq.ft.||RM 200000||885 unit|
|Low Medium Cost||700 sq.ft.||RM 72500||770 unit|