Prominence

March 28th, 2013 Leave a comment

Prominence, a mixed development by Bionic Development in Bukit Mertajam, Penang. It is strategically located with easy access to Penang Bridge via Jalan Baru and mere minutes drive to AEON Seberang Prai City mall in Bandar Perda.

This development comprises 24 units of 3-storey shop-offices, 19 units of 2-storey shop-lots and 412 condominium units with condo facilities.

Property Project : Prominence
Location : Bukit Mertajam, Penang
Property Type : Mixed Development
Tenure : Freehold
Built-up Area: approx. 1,000 sq.ft. onwards
Total Units : 412
Indicative Price: RM 300,000 onwards
Developer : Bionic Development Sdn. Bhd.

Categories: Bukit Mertajam Tags:
  1. kabuto
    September 5th, 2016 at 17:48 | #1

want to create one buyer group for prominence buyer for discusion?

2. Wayn
    September 5th, 2016 at 18:13 | #2

Yes kabuto, it would be great if you can do that. We can discuss then and see what we can do. I have a fren who experience the same problem on this “balcony” issue, the owners gather up and complain to the developer. It’s still changeable at this moment, but will not when everything gets completed. By that time it will be too late…

3. kabuto
    September 5th, 2016 at 18:29 | #3

So anyone can create wechat or facebook for discusion?

4. kabuto
    September 5th, 2016 at 18:55 | #4

or any suggestion?

5. Alif Marcus
    September 5th, 2016 at 20:34 | #5

Look like same as Skycube Condo issue.

6. jill
    September 5th, 2016 at 21:37 | #6

shell we fix a date to meet them, of cos in a BIG group

7. Chicken_smell
    September 5th, 2016 at 22:42 | #7

Perda city mall close down liao ~~~
    The first paragraph needs to be changed

8. water fish
    September 6th, 2016 at 08:31 | #8

I dont think they will change due to delay and cincai build to avoid compesaction…zzz

9. May Chan
    September 6th, 2016 at 13:39 | #9

I’m going to pay them a visit this week. Anyone going?

10. kabuto
    September 6th, 2016 at 14:40 | #10

@May Chan
    when?what time?

11. Apple
    September 6th, 2016 at 15:41 | #11

@May Chan

May the force be with you.

12. May Chan
    May Chan
    September 6th, 2016 at 15:53 | #12

@ kabuto

Maybe this Thu am time. U going?

13. i7
    September 6th, 2016 at 16:19 | #13

i m going 2 change it to glass by myself once i get my key.

14. Wayn
    September 6th, 2016 at 18:13 | #14

May Chan/Kabuto, cant make it on a workday. Here’s my email address, provide me your contact and i’ll open up a whatsapp group chat….rageman_x@hotmail.com

15. Jeff787
    September 6th, 2016 at 21:24 | #15

Went to site today. Really disappointed to see the design of the guarding they install at the balcony . Even is cut cost, can’t they install a better one?

16. bb
    September 6th, 2016 at 22:55 | #16

any photo to share…. how the steel guarding look like..

17. kabuto
    September 6th, 2016 at 23:28 | #17

@Wayn
    pm u by email redy!

18. kabuto
    September 6th, 2016 at 23:30 | #18

@i7
    u think they give u change uself?i not think so for balcony site

19. kabuto
    September 6th, 2016 at 23:32 | #19

@May Chan
    weekday cant sorry,or we go Wayn whatsapp group to discuss first ok?

20. May Chan
    September 7th, 2016 at 08:50 | #20

@ Kabuto

It’s okay, I’ll go there myself. Will update news in the whatapps group. Guys, please advise your h/p ctc to Wayn so that he can set up whatapps group for us.

@ Wayn

I had emailed you my ctc no. Have u received it?

21. May Chan
    September 7th, 2016 at 10:15 | #21

Just made a call to tribunal office.

@ Wayn, is the whatapps group ready? I’m waiting to update news over there. Don’t know whtr I can update here or not….

22. Wayn
    September 7th, 2016 at 11:57 | #22

Hi May Chan & the rest,
    I left my phone at home. I’ll make the whatsapp group tonight. I got a few of you all emails. Let’s update in the group chat. Thanks for finding out.

23. passing by
    September 7th, 2016 at 13:37 | #23

May Chan tu lawyer firm punya? Sue them kaukau.

24. Jeff
    September 21st, 2016 at 16:55 | #24

I visited the site just now, the steel guarding looks cheap. Anything we can do now?

25. Ahmad
    September 21st, 2016 at 18:32 | #25

Not to worry too much. I personally will upgrade by myself during renovation.

26. David
    September 22nd, 2016 at 08:34 | #26

Last week i did comment on the Bionic Facebook page to ask about the steel guarding on Balcony.
    The sales person told me that is just temporary and will all the guarding on balcony will be Glass.
    But i don’t know why they want to do a temporary steel guarding.

27. kk
    September 22nd, 2016 at 08:49 | #27

@Ahmad
    Outlook cannot be changed. This is under strata title.

28. Ridzuan
    September 22nd, 2016 at 12:02 | #28

Anybody have created whatapp group?.my email zam_jinggo@yahoo.com

29. jill
    September 22nd, 2016 at 22:11 | #29

@Wayn
    Hi, hv u created whatapp group? I already PM u my contact no. ya :-))

30. Jeff
    September 23rd, 2016 at 09:51 | #30

@David
    Why do they need to install a steel guarding first, make no sense. I do hope is real but this is no logic. Haiz

31. May Chan
    September 23rd, 2016 at 13:43 | #31

Hi guys!

We have whatapps group aldy. You can email your contact number to rageman_x@hotmail.com.

32. Jeff
    September 26th, 2016 at 12:59 | #32

@May Chan
    Email sent last week, but no response until now

33. Esther
    October 10th, 2016 at 16:19 | #33

@Jeff
    I also sent the email but no any response.

34. edisongan
    October 29th, 2016 at 14:30 | #34

@David
    Saw they updated on Facebook, indeed it is glass with stainless steel for balcony guarding..so should be relieved,right?

35. WL
    November 18th, 2016 at 17:10 | #35

price? worth buying ? completion date?

36. Jasmine
    November 23rd, 2016 at 08:25 | #36

Hi Guys, when is the completion date? got any complete condo to view?

37. Dillion
    December 17th, 2016 at 20:13 | #37

@May Chan
    Hi May Chan, I have sent an email but was not added till now. Is the whatsapp group still active? So, I am creating another whatsapp group for Bionic Prominence buyers, please email your phone numbers to

bionicprominencebuyer@outlook.my

38. Dillion
    December 17th, 2016 at 20:16 | #38

Please include your name or nick name in the email too. Thanks.

39. May Chan
    May Chan
    December 24th, 2016 at 12:39 | #39

@ Jasmine @ Dillion

We have created our own whatapps group. If you are interested to join us, pls email your h/p contact to my email add: maychan8328@gmail.com. Thanks

40. anonymous
    May 16th, 2017 at 12:38 | #40

DEAR BUYER!

41. anonymous
    May 16th, 2017 at 12:42 | #41

DEAR BUYER!
    BIONIC CHANGED ALL THE UNIT NO. TO ONE LOWER DOWN. EXAMPLE, YOUR ORIGINAL UNIT IS 18-8 WILL BECOME 17-8. FLOOR REMAIN THE SAME JUST THEY CHANGED THE FLOOR NUMBER. 154 WILL BECOME 144 OR 13A-4. WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WRITTEN IN SNP.

PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON IN-CHARGE AND MAKE NOISE ON IT. WE PAY FOR THE LUCKY FLOOR NUMBER BUT WE ARE NOT GETTING WHAT WE WANT!

THE EXPLAINATION SAYING THAT IT IS RULE AND REGULATION FROM MSPS, LOBBY MUST BE IN THE GROUND FLOOR. IT IS NOT FAIR TO DO SO AND WE ARE BUYER, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT THE ORIGINAL UNIT NUMBER THAT WE PURCHASED.

42. CYL
    May 16th, 2017 at 12:59 | #42

Changed the unit no?? This is the first time I hear this in my whole life! Those affected and not happy should get together to sue the developer. If cannot get back the original unit number, should at least get financial compensation.

43. CYL
    May 16th, 2017 at 13:00 | #43

For goodness sake, don’t buy from this type of chap-X developer lah.

44. Iron Man
    May 16th, 2017 at 14:25 | #44

dont waste time and money suing la. what kind of damages can you proof from “losing your favourite number” ? you need to prove your damages in court my friends . If the unit is substantially the same there is no failure of consideration.

A better move will be to highlight in a press conference but also be prepared you will get nothing but its still better than wasting money on lawyers

45. anonymous
    May 16th, 2017 at 14:38 | #45

@Iron Man

You pay the money for a Myvi car with car plate number 8888, now they give you Myvi car with car plate number 4444. what the hell of this, cant do anything even “losing favorite number”? Deserve to get what we pay for it.

46. Iron Man
    May 16th, 2017 at 15:11 | #46

@anonymous

You contracted to buy a house. not the number. The unit number is just an allocation by the developer. Your example is not applicable to the purchase of a house. when you buy a car you specifically tender for the plate. Back to the main question whats the loss you have incurred by “losing your favourite number”? Unless you have a lot of money to enrich the lawyers then I have nothing else to say lor

47. anonymous
    May 16th, 2017 at 15:51 | #47

@Iron Man

erm.. inside the SNP mentioned the unit number, which floor which unit. Which mean what is written in the SNP is just nothing? In future, if I wish to resale the unit, is there any problem on it? Who can guarantee? Black and White documents written this particular unit, but in fact is any unit. Like this, next time i also can be a developer, SNP i can write anything as I like, as long as got sale does not effect anything. LOL Lousy developer!

48. Iron Man
    May 16th, 2017 at 16:15 | #48

@anonymous

The strata title will be the actual parcel you transact under the law. The unit that you purchase will have a strata title issued to it. If there is no strata title yet the developer will have to give confirmation of the unit number that is transacted.

the only impression that can be seen in this whole episode is the developer is not organised lor. other than that dont hope to make anything from this lah.

49. Jane
    May 17th, 2017 at 09:53 | #49

You all may be want to check any hidden agenda or not ? like developer’s friends or agents bought higher floor like 19 or 9 and now can upgrade lo to lucky floor 18 or 8. But, even it is true, you cannot do anything also. If Developer is sincere, ask them to appeal to MPSP lah.

50. anonymous
    May 17th, 2017 at 09:58 | #50

@Jane

Its not upgrade to lucky floor 18,8. Is now everybody have to reduce his number to 1 floor lower.

51. Jane
    May 17th, 2017 at 17:30 | #51

@anonymous

Yes. So, 19 become 18, 9 become 8 lah. So, those in 19 and 9 become “upgrade” to lucky number lah.
    Those original fr 18 or 8, become 17 or 7, downgrade lah.

52. Timmy
    May 17th, 2017 at 21:15 | #52

Jane :
    @anonymous
    Those original fr 18 or 8, become 17 or 7, downgrade lah.

Those in floor 5, 15, 25… all GG !

53. Lim
    May 18th, 2017 at 12:46 | #53

@Timmy

…Like this also can? The development at least do some compensation to the buyer.

54. sk
    May 18th, 2017 at 14:09 | #54

55. don
    May 18th, 2017 at 16:32 | #55

Hahaha,, Jane,, you made my day.@Jane

56. don
    May 18th, 2017 at 16:38 | #56

sk :yes I just checked with developer, this is ridiculous !!! lousy developer..can we all buyers gather to take legal action against the developer since we got the stamped SPA.

hi SK, count me out,, I belong to the upgraded group.

57. Resident
    May 19th, 2017 at 09:31 | #57

@sk

Please count me in, its totally unfair us!

58. sk
    May 19th, 2017 at 11:13 | #58

to be frank, i dont think this is consider upgraded.. i foresee there will be alot of prob in future..for example, all the legal docs (stamped SPA & Loan) state level 19-01 but on site you have to press level 18 only reach your house. Furture if we want to sell the house then new SPA have to put level 19 or level 18? if level 19 actual house is located at level 18, if put level 18 then will be 2 owners for level 18-01 (new spa versus old spa)? any 1 can enlighten me ?

59. britney spears
    May 19th, 2017 at 15:02 | #59

@sk

i think someone has explained that there wont be confusion because ultimately it is the strata title that will define your parcel number. In any case developer when handing over vp will need to issue a confirmation that the original unit number in the spa has been amended. If the property is transacted before issuance of strata title, developer will need to give confirmation of the correct unit number. It will cause some hassle but mostly on the part of the developer only. Just make sure when handing over vp the developer issues a written confirmation of the change in numbering. Future s&p just follow the written confirmation by the developer.

60. raj
    June 16th, 2017 at 00:13 | #60

plan to buy this unit. any review?

61. owner
    June 16th, 2017 at 10:54 | #61

wanna let go my unit urgently with below market value and below current developer price, 19th flr balcony face to shoplot with cheaper price, any buyer interested can contact me at pje5262@hotmail.com

62. Ridzuan
    July 13th, 2017 at 05:42 | #62

Anybody create whatapps group? If nobody create whatapps group, then i will initiate the group.

63. Ling Ng
    July 26th, 2017 at 16:59 | #63

@kabuto
    ya pls add me as well.. im owner on it.. wan to know more about this condo..
    i feel very sad that ppl throw until so low price, even RM350k, RM360k, RM380k.. please dun spoil market leh.. feel sad… when i buy alr expensive…

64. Keith
    August 11th, 2017 at 13:44 | #64

Urgent Sale
    I have 2 units for sale, type A, 1508 sqft, selling price (below market value), direct owner.
    Genuine buyer kindly drop me email and contact @ keeve.soo@gmail.com

65. BY
    August 11th, 2017 at 16:24 | #65

Why you all sell below market price?

66. observer only
    August 11th, 2017 at 17:43 | #66

Kesian buyers here. After long 4 years waited and waited, cannot flip but has to sell below market price pulak.

67. Ridzuan
    August 12th, 2017 at 07:34 | #67

Need to wait until property recover. After shop house open it could be better. I was told by developer that Starbuck, Coffee bean and 7E will open their branch there.

68. BY
    August 12th, 2017 at 10:17 | #68

Why you all can’t wait until market recover? So desperate meh?

69. edisongan
    August 12th, 2017 at 13:27 | #69

@BY
    Silly question..Why cannot wait?Because cannot afford to pay monthly installment loh, some flippers simply do not have the holding power ones, what do you expect them to do? Wait? How many years to wait?

Too greedy to buy too many units merely rely on bank loan 90% so now it is tough to sell while oversupply and economy downpour.

70. BY
    August 13th, 2017 at 08:36 | #70

How about rent out your units first until market recovered instead of selling below market price? Don’t spoil the market lah …

71. edisongan
    August 13th, 2017 at 12:45 | #71

BY :

Abang, they don’t own one unit like you think..Some flippers might own 3 units and above and you think they could rent out all easily and pay installment merely based on rental yield…

If one unit on hand should be fine, I heard from my best friend who is in property line for years, he said during the booming period, many flippers just simply bang into the market with 3~5 units at a time and expect each unit could give them RM100K of profit upon O.C passed

Who knows the market situation is like after 3~4 years later..Surely they won’t want to spoil the market price but they couldn’t help only..

72. Kepo
    August 14th, 2017 at 10:13 | #72

@BY
    hard to sell already so also hard to rent out lah, if you dont want them to spoil the market you help them to rent lah. i think monthly 1.5k to 2k ok d.

73. BY
    August 14th, 2017 at 11:16 | #73

@Kepo

Don’t perli me la. I am just wondering if rent out can ease some of their financial problems. Last resort only sell below market price lo.

74. steve
    August 16th, 2017 at 09:53 | #74

what is the market value for 1508 unit?

75. steve
    August 16th, 2017 at 10:11 | #75

what is the current offer from developer for 1508 unit?

76. edisongan
    August 16th, 2017 at 10:23 | #76

@steve
    RM480K from Mudah.com

77. Anton Bond
    August 16th, 2017 at 15:42 | #77

One unit just sold for RM370K.

78. edisongan
    August 16th, 2017 at 15:54 | #78

@Anton Bond
    He was asking for 1508sqf..How could it be RM370K for this size? RM 370k/1508sqf = RM 245/sqf
    If yes, I wanna grab one unit too. Hehhee..

79. BY
    August 16th, 2017 at 16:18 | #79

I wanna to grab another one too …

80. Anton Bond
    August 16th, 2017 at 16:45 | #80

no not Type A, it’s Type C.

81. Anton Bond
    August 16th, 2017 at 16:46 | #81

anyway, you guys too late la.

82. BY
    August 16th, 2017 at 20:42 | #82

No eye see. All my analysis went down to drain.

83. ==

86. ==
    August 17th, 2017 at 07:28 | #86

sorry u guys too late la, next week I will buy 1 more unit 300k only haha

87. BY
    August 17th, 2017 at 08:52 | #87

@==

Serious or not? Looks like the flippers really desperate.

88. ==
    August 17th, 2017 at 09:31 | #88

lol I just show that dont trust anyone those comment grab cheaper unit below 400k here, just go mudah search urself where gt onwer wiiling let go with lost money

89. BY
    August 17th, 2017 at 10:49 | #89

@==

Just searched. Got someone selling at RM379K for 1162sq ft at mudah la.

90. Anton Bond
    August 17th, 2017 at 12:02 | #90

@BY
    yup, that’s the one. Closed at 370K.

91. Anton Bond
    August 17th, 2017 at 12:03 | #91

However, it’s still pending bank loan, so if rejected, may come back to the market later.

92. Anton Bond
    August 17th, 2017 at 12:04 | #92

93. BY
    August 17th, 2017 at 12:20 | #93

@Anton Bond

Any idea why so desperate to sell? Real flipper like @Edisongan mentioned?

94. Anton Bond
    August 17th, 2017 at 12:59 | #94

don’t know la. Everyone has their reasons I guess. Besides the seller didn’t really lose money. After developer discount (net price when signing snp) still more or less break even. I believe it was a good investment (good times make lots of money, bad times also don’t lose or don’t lose much money). How to find such kind of investment.

I think it’s a wise decision to sell if that was their intention when they bought it. Just that the market has turned from a seller’s market to a buyer’s market now. And it looks like next year will be worse.

If they don’t sell now, they may have to hold for a jolly good number of years till the market turn positive. Provided they have the means to service the loan and have no better place to put their money.

95. Anton Bond
    August 17th, 2017 at 13:01 | #95

BY :
    No eye see. All my analysis went down to drain.

What were your analysis of this place?

96. BY
    August 17th, 2017 at 15:26 | #96

@Anton Bond

No big deal on my analysis. Not a rocket science. Everyone can do it. Feel shame to share here. Just did not take into consideration of possibility of flippers selling below market price that spoil the market.

97. Messi
    August 17th, 2017 at 15:28 | #97

This is a shit project lah.

98. Thomas
    August 17th, 2017 at 15:54 | #98

If flippers continue to spoil the market, it is a real shit project.

99. observer only
    August 17th, 2017 at 16:32 | #99

When the project offered DIBS and RM5000 booking fee only, of course all kind of poor flippers and investors joined the party already lo. And then of course, many will leave the party at any time lo to save themselves first ma and nobody will care about the market and market price one. Kesian for those bought late and expensively.

1 5 6 7 7618